Sunday 17 August 2014

Summer Gardens

It's the height of summer and therefore the time to enjoy your garden the most.  I have a typical country cottage garden, high maintenance, lots of roses and climbers that require constant pruning and training.  I do love it though and I think the gardening bug caught me as soon as I moved in to Beech House, it is a truly relaxing past time. 

However, the busier I become (and a baby daughter on the way) I'm focusing on down scaling everything in my life and making things as easy as possible - for the time being anyway!

With this in mind, I have fallen in love with simple and stylish garden design.  I'm thinking lots of simple topiary that looks super chic and tasteful, some potted, some not... 


Top tips to achieve this look:
  • Keep to a clean and classic style, with stylish and simple furniture 
  • Up-lighting is an absolute must
  • Choose a simple colour scheme to avoid that 'fussy' look, think simply green and white
  • Use an outdoor fire for a focal point.  Chimneys or firepits look equally as chic at a fraction of the price
  • Use lots of green!

 


 Lighting is so important and I just love candlelgiht on a summers evening.  Our fabulous lanterns look so chic.  They are £35 each - buy here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear your comments...