Friday 30 August 2013

A Lovely Week

I feel rather ashamed to say that I have never ventured to the Lake District before *hangs head in shame*.  However, the boy and I decided to spend a rather fleeting visit on the way up to Gleneagles for a wedding.  It made the epic road trip slightly more bearable!  

Wow oh wow, what a stunning part of the world!  I'm a complete convert and I'm already planning my return.  

We ate in the gorgeous picturesque village of Cartmel at the very relaxed and friendly Simon Rogan restaurant.  I recommend! 

Fun & relaxation at Lake Windermere
We then headed up to The Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland for a stunning wedding weekend.

The hotel reception
This was our stylish and art deco inspired room for the weekend.  I was loving the mirrored headboard trim!  



It was a black tie wedding so I choose to wear my favourite of favourite designers, Malene Birger, for the occasion.  This off white, crepe dress had a pretty embellished neckline and cuffs so no jewellery was needed, bonus!  

The weather was uncharacteristically sunny for Gleneagles, so the ceremony was promptly moved outside.  Oh those giant white hydrangea displays were so elegant and chic. 

Preparing the ceremony

The grand ballroom was transformed in to a fabulous dancefloor for the evening, and with a little help from a surprise appearance from the West End's finest, The Jersey Boys, we danced all night long!  

I couldn't take my eye off the stunning chandelier...


A lovely week and congratulations to the happy couple...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear your comments...